Are you Logged into Canvas?
Make sure you have logged into Canvas properly before you become concerned about your courses. You will see your Canvas dashboard, and your name will appear under Account in the upper left corner of Canvas if you are logged in.
Here are some items to check regarding your courses and what to do if Canvas courses are missing.
When to expect to see your Canvas Courses
Students will have access to their courses on the scheduled first day of the course (blended deliver courses may meet in person and then be directed to Canvas, as notified by the instructor). Courses will not be accessible before that.
It is very important to check the start date of each course you enroll in as some courses may start on a different day as others. Also, please consider if it's a 16 week, 12 week, 8 week, or 4 week course. If you have multiple courses, some courses may be missing until their start date.
Double Check the Course Start Date
To check the start date of your course:
- Log into Self-Service from the top of the www.stanly.edu website
- Click on Student Planning
- Click on Plan & Schedule
If you need help, you also have the option to call the Eagle's One Stop at 704-991-0123 and have them check your course start dates.
Did you recently register for the course?
If you just recently registered or added a course, please allow at least four hours for the course to show up in your Canvas account. The time it takes from when you register to the time it will show up in Canvas is not immediate.
Is your Canvas Dashboard in "Card View"?
Course cards, which students click to access their SCC courses, must be visible on the Canvas dashboard. Follow these steps to ensure the “Card View” is enabled:
- Click the “Dashboard” icon on the main navigation bar.
- Click the three-dot button on the right side of the page.
- Click “Card View” to make sure that a check mark is displayed for this option.
- Course cards will display for courses you are registered for and have started. Click on the course card to access the course.
My dashboard is in "Card View" and I still don't see my course cards?
Students may need to select the course cards to display on the Canvas dashboard. Follow these steps to display current course cards:
- Click the “Courses” icon on the main navigation bar.
- Click “All Courses”.
3. Click the star next to the course. The star should be orange in color for the course card to display on the Canvas dashboard.
4. Click the “Dashboard” icon and the course card will be displayed. Click on the course card to access the course.
If you still do not see the course
If you registered well in advance for your course, or it has been at least a business day since adding a course, and it is after 9 am on the start date (which you confirmed in Self-Service), please contact the Canvas Help Desk regarding your missing course.
Contacting the Canvas Help Desk
To contact the Canvas Help Desk regarding missing courses in Canvas, please submit a ticket through the tech support page and select Canvas Support from the department drop-down list.
It is important to provide specific information. Please give the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your username and the course name
- The course you are enrolled in (see notes below)
Please give the course name from your schedule, including the section number, and the instructor. For example, if you are signed up for College Student Success please also provide ACA-122, the section such as 950, and the instructor such as Dr. Cindy Dean.