How to disable, or enable clutter in Outlook?
Clutter is a feature in Outlook that identifies emails you are most likely to ignore and automatically moves them to a folder named clutter. This can sometimes cause important emails to be moved and missed. If you monitor the clutter folder daily, then this is not a problem. If you do not monitor the clutter folder, then I recommend disabling the feature. Follow the steps below to disable, or enable the clutter feature.
- Log into Office 365 by going www.stanly.edu in your browser and select the Email link the top of the page, then employee email.
- Login with your SCC username and password.
- Make sure you are in the Outlook app. If you are not, then select the 9 square tile in the top right corner and look for the Outlook App. Open the app.
- Select the gear icon towards the top right corner of Outlook App to display settings.
- Look toward the bottom of settings and select Mail to display Mail Options.
- Select clutter under mail options and make sure the box beside “Separate items identified as clutter” is unchecked. Put a check box in the box if you want to enable it.It can take up to an 2 hours before the feature disables in the local Outlook client, or local Office 365 Outlook, but should disable right away in the Outlook webapp.
If you need help with this feature, please contact SCC Technical Support by using chat on the main Tech Support page, emailing email@example.com, or calling 704-991-0222.