We have two wireless networks for Stanly Community College students and employees to use. You can either use SCC-Guest or SCC-SECURE wireless. The preferred option for most Stanly users will be to use SCC-SECURE wireless network. Communications on the SCC-SECURE network is encrypted and thus provide the user with much better security while using the SCC wireless network.
In order to connect to either wireless network, you will be required to use your Stanly Community College username and password. (This is the same username and password you use to access WebAdvisor, Moodle and your student gmail account.)
How to connect to SCC Secure Wireless
1. To connect to the SCC-SECURE network click on your wireless network icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
2. Select the SCC-SECURE wireless network from the list of available connections and click the Connect button.
3. If you get a window that says "Continue connecting?" Click the Connect button. You may see this screen appear more than once.
4. When the Network Authentication screen appears, enter your Stanly Community College username and password. If you enter incorrect information you will be prompted again. After entering your information, click the OK button.
5. If you get a window that says "The connection attempt could not be completed." Click the Connect button again. You may see this screen appear more than once.
6. You should then see that you are connected to the SCC-SECURE network. Your computer should automatically connect to the SCC-SECURE wireless network automatically now. If you change your SCC password, you will have to re-enter your password for the connection.
If you’re having issues logging in, or needing technical assistance, then please contact SCC Tech Support by calling 704-991-0222, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or through live chat. You can access chat by going to https://helpdesk.stanly.edu and look for the “Let’s talk” chat box located in the bottom right hand of the screen as shown below. SCC Tech Support normal hours are from 7:00am to 8:00pm Monday through Friday.