We found that if an Outlook shared calendar invitation is sent from the Offline Global Address book, then the recipient may not be able view the calendar. You need to make sure the Global address book is selected before you choose the contact to send the invitation to. By default it selects the offline global address book, but you can change it by the doing steps belowAlso, sometimes it helps to add the calendar in Outlook Webapp, then open your Outlook client and it will add the calendar automatically. It may take a little bit for it to sync.
To change the default Address Book, do the following:
1. On the Home tab, in the Find group, click the Address Book (or click Ctrl+Shift+B):
2. In the Address Book dialog box, choose Tools -> Options... to open the Addressing dialog box:
3. Check the radio button beside Custom.
4. Select the Add button.
5. Select Global Address List from the menu and select the Add button. Now select Close it the same box.
6. Select Global Address list in the center pain and use the arrows on the right side to move Global Address list to the top of the list.
7. Now use the drop down at the bottom of the box to change Choose automatically to Global Address List and select Ok.
Done. This should prevent Offline Global Address List from being used.
If you’re needing technical assistance, then please contact SCC Tech Support by calling 704-991-0222, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or through live chat. You can access chat by going to https://helpdesk.stanly.edu and look for the “Let’s talk” chat box located in the bottom right hand of the screen as shown below. SCC Tech Support normal hours are from 7:00am to 8:00pm Monday through Friday.