If you are having issues with Outlook client on your computer and just recently changed your password, then it’s probably not updating the new password. To fix this we need to clear your old credentials from Windows Credentials Manager as directed below. These directions work for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.
1. Select the Windows Key on your keyboard.
2. Type “Windows Credentials Manger” and once found open it.
3. You should see your credential for Outlook, MS.Office, or Microsoft Office 15 like the example below:
4. Expand each one and select remove or remove from vault. You do not have to clear the virtualapp/didlogical credentials, but all other office related items need to be cleared.
5. Once done, close the Windows credential manager and open Outlook. You should be presented with the Windows security box prompting you for your new credentials. Enter your new password and check the box beside “Remember my credentials”. Selecting remember my credentials will add the credentials back to Credentials manager, and this will keep you from having to enter your password each time you open outlook.
If this was successful, then Outlook will open up and you will see Connected to Microsoft Exchange in the bottom right corner of Outlook as shown below.
If you are having issues logging in, or needing technical assistance, please contact SCC Technical Support by calling 704-991-0222, or contacting us through live chat. You can access live chat by going to https://helpdesk.stanly.edu and selecting the yellow “Let’s Talk” chat window that is located towards the bottom of the screen. Below shows an example of the live chat window. We can only handle login issues over the phone, or chat. We cannot handle login issue through email, so please make sure you contact us over chat, or phone. Please visit the main Technical Support page to see normal business hours and closings.
Thank you and I hope this solution has been very helpful. Please remember to rate our solution.