How to obtain SCC User ID (username) and Password?
- Go to www.stanly.edu and select the WebAdvisor link at the top of the page.
- Select “What’s My User ID?” link at the bottom of the page.
- Enter in your last name and your Social Security number, or your seven digit Student ID number in the provided boxes and select the submit button.
The next screen will display your SCC User ID (username) and explains how the default password works. The example below shows the SCC User ID as sstudent0923.
How to Login and Change your Password
- Go back to the WebAdvisor page and select the log in link at the bottom of the page.
- Use your SCC User ID (username) and default password to login. If you are not prompted to update your password, then skip to the next step. If you are not able to login, please try resetting your password at https://changepw.stanly.edu. If you still are not able to login, please visit the main Technical Support page and use the yellow “Let's Talk” chat to request assistance with your login. Here is a link to Technical Support page https://stanly.freshdesk.com/support/home
- Please enter in the default password into the Old Password box, and enter your new password into the New Password box and confirm the password. Below explains password requirements for the new password.
- If the password reset is successful, then you will be presented with the login screen again. Please log in with your newly created password to access WebAdvisor.
You will use the same username and password for Moodle, WebAdvisor, Student Gmail, Self-Service, My-Page Login, Office 365, online forms, Starfish, and more. You will be prompted to change your password every 90 days. If you are not able to log in to Student Gmail, or the wireless network on campus, please try logging into Self-service and see if it prompts you to update your password. Please only use your username to access Student Gmail and do not use your whole email address to login. SCC Student Gmail doesn't now allow whole email address to be used as the username to login.
If you are having issues logging in, or needing technical assistance, please contact SCC Technical Support through live online chat. You can access live chat by going to https://helpdesk.stanly.edu and selecting the yellow “Let’s Talk” chat box towards the bottom of the screen. Below shows an example of the chat box. We can only handle login issues through chat or over the phone. We cannot handle login issue through email, or tickets, so please make sure you contact us over chat, or phone. Please visit the main Technical Support page to see normal business hours and closings. Main Tech Support phone number is 704-991-0222.